Okay, blog world..I caved. The idea of having a blog has been on my mind for over a year now. I had actually already created one my sophomore year of college, but then chickened out of ever typing out my thoughts for the Internet World to see. Although I haven't had the best luck with blogs in the past, I do love to write and am not normally the type of person who can hold my thoughts inside. I've had this blog made for about two weeks now, but I wasn't sure what my Very First Post (dun, dun, dunnnn) should be about.
This past weekend, I traveled to Wilmington where I celebrated the birth of two of my best friends Arielle and Jen with seven other of my besties. We hadn't been able to get everyone together in awhile and I literally left on a high because I was so happy I got to reconnect with everyone. Later this week, I was flipping through a Good Housekeeping when I stumbled upon this quote...
"A good friend is a connection to life - a key to sanity in a totally insane world." -Lois Wyse
To say that I am a blessed person is a complete understatement. Some days I feel overwhelmed by my blessings, like I could never give enough thanks to the One who has provided me with so much wonderful. Among the millions of things I have to be thankful for, lies the group of my best friends, the strongest group of friendships I have ever seen or known. People always say that we are a special group because we have stuck together since high school..through the good, the easy, the fun, the crazy, the bad, the ugly, the hard, and lots and lots of change. To me, every friendship is different, unique in it's own way. Each relationship fulfills a different need in all of us. You have the friend that will always make you laugh, the friend that always likes to have a good time, the friend that you always find yourself in a deep conversation with, the friend that just understands your soul, or the 45 year old best friend whose wisdom has shaped you into who you are. After this weekend, I realized that friendships are so easy to take for granted. Expected, almost, in this unstable world. I feel like I get so caught up in the day-to-day that I fail to realize how unbelievably special my friends are.
So, to my girls, I say this...
Thank you for being the foundation of my heart on which I can build everything else upon. Without you, I would not be me. You encourage and inspire me to be the best Kate that I can be. You are my support system. You put me back together when I have become undone. You each hold such a special place in my heart, and without each of you it would be broken. You know who I am and accept me for that, which I am eternally grateful for. Through all these years of drama, boyfriends, breakups, makeups, finding ourselves and losing ourselves, petty fights, and deep talks, drinking too much, and making mistakes, I am so thankful for it all, every moment and every memory. You are my connection to life. You are the key to my sanity in this completely insane world. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment